Donaldson's Library

  • 2  of  7649

Item Preview

A preview of asset 40640
JPG

Item Actions

  • Download
    Download options
Uploaded on:
11/02/2016 15:59
File Size:
888.09 KB
Extension:
jpg
Dimensions:
2111 x 1317 pixels
286 views 5 downloads

Details

Digital Media Bank ID: 40640
Original Filename: fa202095_d01.jpg
Description: Image of topographic print in Fine Art collection.
Categories: Timeline/ 1810s  
Copyright & Re-use
Credit: Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove
Licence: CC BY-SA
Object or Artwork info
Type (of Object or Artwork): Aquatint
Title (of Artwork / Object): Donaldson's Library
Date Created (of Object / Artwork): 1815C.
Description (Object or Artwork): View of Donaldson's Library with balcony on second floor and 'Boarding House' sign above. Building to far right with bow front. Terrace to left of the library. Pathway with railings leading from left foreground towards the library with a man walking along. Woman in Regency dress with dog in foreground to right. Donaldson's Library was originally founded by Baker c. 1760, on the south corner of St. James' Street and successively owned by Thomas, Dudlow, Gregory, Donaldson and Lucomb. The original single storyed building was demolished in 1806 and a new five storeyed building erected.
Source (of Object / Artwork): Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove
File info
Media: Image
Size: 888.09 KB; 2111 x 1317 pixels; 179 x 112 mm (print at 300 DPI);
Orientation: Landscape
Administrative info
Linked Accession no.: FA202095